About this course bundle
This is a great course bundle for anyone looking to make the leap into Office Administration or just polish their skills. The course bundle covers a variety of core skills and software applications an Administrator is likely to use in their day-to-day activities, such as the Microsoft Office suite, which cover: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access.
The Microsoft Office courses in this bundle lead to a certification. Once you’ve sat your exams and passed, you can expect to receive a certification in one or all of the Microsoft areas included in the course. You can choose to become certified in one area, such as Word or Excel, or all of the Microsoft areas. Being certified helps to prove to employers that you have indeed got the skills and knowledge you claim. The Microsoft Office Specialist certification is currently in high demand by employers. Click here to see how in demand it is and what employers are paying on average for people with the Microsoft Office Specialist certification.
An example of the Microsoft Office Specialist certification you can expect to receive upon completion of the course and passing your exam.
You will also receive a certificate of completion for each enhancement skills course you pass, such as a Certificate of Completion in Working in Business and Administration, a Certificate of Completion in KAZ Keyboarding, and a Certificate of Completion in Developing your Administration Skills.
The Office Administration Enhancement skills courses are designed to do just that… enhance your skills as an Office Administrator. They cover many of the core skills required to perform the day-to-day role of an Office Administrator. These core skills include: typing skills, telephone answering skills, document creation skills (such as letter writing ), communication in the work place skills, and record maintenance skills.
Watch this short video to learn more about some of the day-to-day duties an Office Administrator performs. Source: Alberta Government.
What’s in the course bundle?
This bundle contains 5 separate certification courses and 5 Office Administration enhancement skills courses.
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 77-418: Word 2013
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 77-422: PowerPoint 2013
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 77-423: Outlook 2013
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 77-424: Access 2013
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 77-420: Excel 2013
Office Administration Enhancement Skills Courses:
- Working in Business and Administration
- What an administrator does
- Organising and managing your work
- Keeping information confidential
- Developing Your Administration Skills
- Effective business administration
- Using a diary system
- Representing your organisation to visitors
- Taking Phone Calls
- Responding to an incoming call
- Effectively using listening and voice skills to control a call
- Identifying and communicating the options available to the customer
- Common procedures for placing customers on hold, and taking messages
- Completing the phone call leading to an action
- KAZ – Keyboarding (typing skills)
- The Basics – Learn to touch-type in 90 minutes
- Just Do It – Exercise and apply your new touch-typing skills
- And The Rest – Learn Shift, numbers, and punctuation key
- Daily practice to build speed and accuracy
- Creating and Designing Documents
- Understanding the purpose of designing and producing quality and attractive documents
- Understanding the resources available to design documents and how to use them
- Understand the purpose of following procedures when designing documents
How much can I potentially earn with these certifications and skills?
How is each course taught?
All courses are online and self-paced, meaning you do it in your own home, in your own time, at your own pace. Each lesson is pre-recorded allowing you to pause, fast-forward, skip sections, or go back to another lesson if you need to. The lessons are multi-media based, which means video and audio are used to teach the lessons. Most lessons are also interactive, prompting the learner to participate. This might involve answering on-screen questions, and participating in tasks.
How long will it take me to complete each course?
As mentioned above, our courses are self-paced. Some people finish their course faster than others. If you choose to only do one of the certification courses from this bundle, then it will take you less time than if you do two or three or all of them. Some courses have shorter access periods than others. so we strongly advise you start these courses first. We have listed the durations for each course below, along with their access periods.
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel 2013 (12 hours – 12 months access)
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Word 2013 (12 hours – 12 months access)
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Access 2013 (12 hours – 12 months access)
- Microsoft Office Specialist: PowerPoint 2013 (8 hours – 12 months access)
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Outlook 2013 (8 hours – 12 months access)
- Developing your Administration Skills (1 hour – 6 months access)
- Working in Business and Administration (1 hour – 6 months access)
- Taking phone calls (2 hours – 6 months access)
- KAZ – Keyboarding (typing skills) (3 hours – 6 months access)
- Creating and designing documents (1 hour – 6 months access)
Total Study Time: 60 hours
What do I need?
All you need is an internet connection and a PC. While most of the lessons work on MACs, we recommend you use a PC for the best performance. Certain parts of the course may not display properly on older MACs. Once you’ve logged into your course, you may be prompted to down certain free plugins such as Java. Just follow the on-screen prompts.