What is this course about?
The ITIL, owned and maintained by the UK Office of Government Commerce, is a globally recognized IT service management certification. The ITIL Foundation certification is considered as the entry level qualification in the field of IT Service Management. The ITIL Foundation certified professional will be able to guide an organization in implementing the best practices in IT Service Management and also in using IT as a tool for a business change and growth.
Our training in ITIL Foundation course is an ideal course package for every aspiring professional who wants to make their career in IT Service Management sector. The ITIL Foundation certification course emphasizes on adapting a common framework of IT Service Management practices that will help deliver value to a business. It also focuses on Quality Management approach and standards apart from following a practical approach to IT Service Management.
When does this course start?
Classes are available during the weekday and weekend at differing times. Please contact us for your preferred dates and we will notify you of the availability. Courses are repeated each month, so it’s very likely we will have a preferred start date for you.
What’s covered in this course?
1. Introduction to Service Management Lifecycle
- Principles of service management
- The processes
- The ITIL service lifecycle
2. Service Strategy
- Introduction to service strategy
- Key concepts of service strategy
- Service strategy processes
- Demand Management
- Service Portfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Business Relationship Management
3. Service Design
- Introduction to service design
- Key concepts of service design
- Service design processes
- Service Catalogue Management
- Service Level Management
- Supplier Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Design Coordination
4. Service Transition
- Introduction to service transition
- Key principles and models of service transition
- Service transition processes
- Transition, Planning and Support
- Change Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Knowledge Management
5. Service Operations
- Introduction to service operations
- Service operations processes
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Access Management
- Service operations functions
6. Continual Service Improvement
- Introduction to CSI
- Key principles and models of CSI
7. Summary and Exam Preparation
- Review of key concepts
How do you become certified?
You can get certified in ITIL Foundation by following the steps below:
Step 1: Appear for ITIL Foundation exam after completing the training.
Step 2: Score 65% marks in 60 minutes [i.e. 26 answers out of 40 questions]
Step 3: Earn two ITIL credits on successful completion of ITIL Foundation exam
Note: Candidates appearing for the examination in a language other than their native language have a maximum of 75 minutes for the exam.
What are the prerequisites for the certification?
There is no defined eligibility criteria for the ITIL foundation exam.
How is this course taught?
This is a live online classroom based course. Just like a physical classroom environment, a live teacher presents the course. S/he uses diagrams, draws on a virtual board which you can see, presents material, and engages the class. You can ask questions and get an instant response. These are not pre-recorded lessons. You can interact with the teacher and other students. You will be able to see your teacher as they will have a webcam on them. Watch the video below to get an idea of how it works.
What do I need?
You will need access to a PC and an internet connection with a speed of at least 2MB per second. If you have broadband, then this should be more than enough. You will also need a webcam, set of speakers and a microphone to see, hear and speak with your tutor. If you have a laptop, all of these should be built in. If you are unsure about anything, please feel free to ask us.