What is this course about?
Office Managers typically oversee the day-to-day running of the office work place. They are responsible for keeping order and ensuring all staff members are adequately carrying out their designated duties. As an Office Manager, you will be responsible for organising and holding staff meetings to discuss anything from performance and conduct, to morale and health and safety. Office Managers also delegate duties to staff members such as Office Administrators.
This course is ideal for anyone looking to move into Office Management or those currently working in this field and looking to certify their skills. The Level 2 Diploma in Office Management is also a good course for Office Administrators looking to progress to the next level in their career.
There are a series of Tutor Marked Assignments which are used to generate your final grade.
- Diploma in Office Management (Level 2)
- In addition to the Diploma, successful students will receive a Certificate of Achievement and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units the learner has completed as part of the course).
How long is the course?
This course has three elements: 1. the Diploma course; 2. the Office IT Skills course modules; and 3. the Office Management Enhancement Skills course modules. All are separate courses, but combined into the overall course curriculum to help better prepare you for a career in Office Management.
All course modules are self-paced and come with differing access periods. See below for further details (the number of hours indicates the number of study hours). We recommend you complete the courses with shorter access periods first.
- Diploma Course: 2 years access (100 hours)
- Office IT Skills Courses: 12 months access (52 hours)
- Office Management Enhancement Skills Courses: 6 months access (10 hours)
Total Study Time: 162 hours
What’s covered in this course?
Diploma Course Modules:
- Module 1 – Introduction to Office Procedures
- Module 2 – Communication Systems
- Module 3 – Writing Letters and Reports
- Module 4 – Computers
- Module 5 – Office Materials and Equipment
- Module 6 – Office Organisations and Procedures
- Online study materials to enable the student to successfully complete the Diploma.
- Tutor support for the duration of the course (2 years).
- Certification upon completion.
- All examination fees.
Office IT Skills Course Modules:
- Microsoft Excel 2013 (12 hours)
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 (8 hours)
- Microsoft Access 2013 (12 hours)
- Microsoft Word 2013 (12 hours)
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 (8 hours)
Office Management Enhancement Skills Course Modules:
- Effective Communication (3 hours)
- Effective Teamworking (1 hour)
- Respecting and Supporting Others (1 hour)
- Working in a Business Environment (1 hour)
- The unorganised manager: Organising yourself (1 month) *1 month access only
- Understanding Your Organisation (1 hour and 30 mins)
- Managing Successful Meetings (1 hour)
- Health & Safety in the Office (30 mins) *3 months access only
What are the entry requirements for this course?
There are no specific entry requirements for this course, but a good command of written English is essential.
How is this course taught?
The teaching features of this course are as follows:
- All courses are online and self-paced, meaning you do it in your own time;
- You will be given a username and password to log into your courses;
- The Diploma course comes with full tutor support. You will have your own personal tutor;
- The Diploma course is a text based course, using online reading materials and tests;
- The Office IT skills and Office Management Enhancement skills course modules are multi-media based, using audio and video in the lessons. You can pause a lesson at any time;
- All examinations are done online or at a testing centre. We can advise you where your nearest testing centre is.
What do I need?
You will need access to a PC and an internet connection (preferably broadband). You will also need a set of speakers to hear the lessons. If you wish to speak with your tutor online, you will need a microphone and webcam. If you have a laptop, all of these should be built in. If you are unsure about anything, please feel free to ask us.