What is this course about?
If you’re considering a career within Business Administration, at the very least you’ll need to be able to demonstrate the development and implementation of a range of administrative skills whilst showing an understanding of management responsibilities. This course will provide you with these necessary skills to work effectively within a Business Administration capacity.
The framework includes a balance of content, designed to ensure students have an appropriate set of Business Administration skills to operate in their chosen job role. It focuses on aspects of work that have increased in importance in recent years such as communication and negotiation, working with others, dealing with change, solving business problems, supporting sustainability and managing risk.
Final online multiple choice examination.
- Diploma in Business Administration (B)
- In addition to the Diploma, successful students will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards Quality Licence Scheme. The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future.
ABC Awards is a leading national Awarding Organisation, regulated by Ofqual, and the Welsh Government. It has a long-established reputation for developing and awarding high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. As a registered charity, ABC Awards combines 180 years of expertise but also implements a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers. Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards also offers Ofqual regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
The unit summary can be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
How long is the course?
This course has three elements: 1. the Diploma course; 2. Business Administration IT Skills; and 3. Business Administration Enhancement Skills. All three elements are separate courses, but combined into the overall course curriculum to help better prepare you for a career in Business Administration.
All course modules are self-paced and come with differing access periods. See below for further details (the number of hours indicates the number of study hours). We recommend you complete the courses with shorter access periods first.
- Diploma Course: 12 months access (200 hours)
- Business IT Skills Courses: 12 months access (32 hours)
- Business Administration Enhancement Skills Courses: 6 months access (12 hours, 30 mins)
Total Study Time: 244 hours and 30 mins
What’s covered in this course?
Diploma Course Modules:
- Unit 1 – Introduction to Business Administration (20 hours)
- Unit 2 – Human Resource, HR, Management (20 hours)
- Unit 3 – Team Based Leadership (20 hours)
- Unit 4 – Management Accounting (20 hours)
- Unit 5 – Project Management (20 hours)
- Unit 6 – Consulting Skills (20 hours)
- Unit 7 – Presentation Skills (20 hours)
- Unit 8 – Strategic Planning (20 hours)
- Unit 9 – Concepts of Organizational Change (20 hours)
- Unit 10 – Managing in the Global Economy (20 hours)
You will receive a certificate. A digital version is included in the price and will be emailed to you within 5 days of taking your online exam. Should you require an embossed hard copy of your certificate, you can order this separately after taking your exam. The course can be enrolled upon by students Internationally. There are no deadlines for enrolments.
- Online study materials to enable the student to successfully complete the Diploma.
- Tutor support for the duration of the course (1 year).
- Certification upon completion.
- All examination fees.
- The Quality Assured Diploma is a Level 3 equivalent of the National Qualifications Framework. The Diploma is a 1 year course which is self study and is examined by online examination.
- Level 3 Diplomas provide an ability to gain and apply a range of knowledge, skills and understanding in a specific subject at a detailed level. Level 3 qualifications such as A levels, NVQ3, BTEC Diplomas etc, are appropriate if you plan to progress to university study.
- Level 3 Diploma courses can assist you in career development, continued professional development, personal development, and provision of a basis for further study.
- Progression from Level 3 is to specialist learning and detailed analysis of a higher level of information (for example university level study, Diploma Level 5 study).
- This is a flexible learning course, so the more time you have to commit to your studies, the sooner you are able to complete.
- In the student ‘On Campus’ you are also able to take part in the student chat room and forums as part of our online student community.
- After enrolling online you will receive your username and password to access the On Campus area within 3 working days.
Business IT Skills Course Modules:
- Microsoft Excel 2013: 12 months access (12 hours)
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013: 12 months access (12 hours)
- Microsoft Word 2013: 12 months access (12 hours)
Business Administration Enhancement Skills Course Modules:
- Ethics in Business (3 hours)
- The Balance Sheet Barrier (1 hours, 30 mins)
- Working in a Business Environment (1 hour); *1 month access only
- Creating Business Documents (6 hours)
- Working in Business and Administration (1 hour)
What are the entry requirements for this course?
- All students must be 16 years of age and above.
- Level 3 Diploma courses require a minimum ‘prior learning to GCSE standard‘ in order that students can manage their studies and the assumed knowledge within course content.
How is this course taught?
The teaching features of this course are as follows:
- All courses are online and self-paced, meaning you do it in your own time;
- You will be given a username and password to log into your courses;
- The Diploma course comes with full tutor support. You will have your own personal tutor;
- The Diploma course is a text based course, using online reading materials and tests;
- The Business IT skills and Business Administration skills course modules are multi-media based, using audio and video in the lessons. You can pause a lesson at any time;
- All examinations are done online or at a testing centre. We can advise you where your nearest testing centre is.
What do I need?
You will need access to a PC and an internet connection (preferably broadband). You will also need a set of speakers to hear the lessons. If you wish to speak with your tutor online, you will need a microphone and webcam. If you have a laptop, all of these should be built in. If you are unsure about anything, please feel free to ask us.